Fast Sweep Systems
• The Fast Sweep™, which employs a heavy duty plastic-coated net attached to the sweep legs and apex sections, can contain oil in currents up to 1.5 knots before entrainment begins.
• Special Attention has been given to packaging of the system to assure easy deployment and retrieval. The entire system fits on a hydraulically driven reel and can be rapidly deployed by three men.
• Oil Stop’s Fast Sweep™ employs a high tensile Spectra™ tension member at the mouth of the sweep for added strength. Tests have shown that 80% of the tow loads are transferred to the bottom tension member.
• The Fast Sweep™ System can be used in conjunction with a skimmer that is towed in the apex of the Fast Sweep™ configuration where, by design, the oil is concentrated. The apex section is removable for attachment of an in line skimmer.
• Oil Stop’s Fast Sweep™ Booms are available in sizes ranging from 20″ to 72″, with freeboard ranging from 8″ to 32″, and skirt depths from 8″ to 40″.