Fast Sweep Systems
• The Fast Sweep™, which employs a heavy duty plastic-coated net attached to the sweep legs and apex sections, can contain oil in currents up to 1.5 knots before entrainment begins.
• Special Attention has been given to packaging of the system to assure easy deployment and retrieval. The entire system fits on a hydraulically driven reel and can be rapidly deployed by three men.
• Oil Stop’s Fast Sweep™ employs a high tensile Spectra™ tension member at the mouth of the sweep for added strength. Tests have shown that 80% of the tow loads are transferred to the bottom tension member.
• The Fast Sweep™ System can be used in conjunction with a skimmer that is towed in the apex of the Fast Sweep™ configuration where, by design, the oil is concentrated. The apex section is removable for attachment of an in line skimmer.
• Oil Stop’s Fast Sweep™ Booms are available in sizes ranging from 20″ to 72″, with freeboard ranging from 8″ to 32″, and skirt depths from 8″ to 40″.
401 W. Admiral Doyle Dr.,
New Iberia, LA 70560
Leave a Message